What is Arena? | What can I do with my library card number? | What is an Arena Account? | How do I renew my loans? | How do I request a title? | How do I request multiple titles in one go? | More help
Arena is the online library catalogue. You can search and request, view and renew your loans, plus lots more.
Log in with your library card number and PIN and you can:
- Search and Request titles
- Renew your loans and manage your account
Upgrade to an Arena account and you can do so much more.
Upgrading to an Arena Account is quick and simple - you can even use your library card number and PIN as your Arena log in details. Your Arena account is automatically linked to your library card details so you can still request and renew, but you can also:
- Rate titles
- Write reviews
- Tag titles
- Create a wishlist
- Save your searches
- Recommend a title to a friend
- Plus there will be more options to follow as we develop the service.
- Enter your Arena Username and password, or Library Card Number and PIN, in the box on the left of the page.
- Click Log In
- Menus will appear on the left hand side of the screen
- Click on 'My Loans to view your loans
- Click on the 'Select All' link or click in the boxes next to the title details to select individual titles
- Then click on the 'Renew' link at the top of the page Renew icon
- The new due dates will show under each title and any hire charges or overdue fees will be displayed and added to your account.
To renew loans on cards that are linked to yours, where you are guarantor, scroll to the bottom of your loans and click on the Choose linked cards dropdown and select the card number your want to view, the loans will load and then repeat the process.
You must be logged in to request titles, so it makes sense to log in first and then start your search.
- Enter your search terms into the search box, and click on the 'Search' button. Or you could click on 'Advanced Search' and build a more complex search using the options there.
- On the search results page click on the title to see the full record and the location of copies.
- Click the Reserve button
- A new section will open up above the title; select your library service - Bedford, Central or Luton and then select your pickup library.
- Details of any charges are displayed - if you are happy to proceed click Save. If not click Cancel.
- A confirmation message will appear and inform you where you are in the queue.
To monitor the progress of your reservations, or cancel a request, click on Your Reservations on the left hand side of the screen.
You must have an Arena account to request multiple titles and be logged in
- Search for the item you are looking for
- Click on the title to see the copy locations and more details
- Click on 'Add to Wish List'.
- Run a new search, which can be done from any webpage using the search bar at the top left hand side of the screen.
- Repeat the process adding them to the wish list
- Once you have added all your titles click on the 'My Wish List' menu option to view them all.
- If you wish to request them all click on the 'Select All' link above the titles list, ticks will appear in the boxes against all the titles.
Alternatively you can click in the box next to the titles you wish to request
- Then click the 'Reserve' link above the list of titles (next to Select All)
- The Reserve options appear at the bottom of the page and should show the right library authority and library. If not you can change these using the drop down lists.
- Click the orange 'Reserve' button
- A confirmation message will appear.
For more help check out the Arena Help website or contact Bedford Borough and Central Bedfordshire Libraries.